We, “Union Energy (the “Company”)” are committed to conducting our business in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).
This Company’s Data Protection Policy aims to help you to understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data.
What are personal data
1. Personal data are data (whether true or not) about an individual who can be identified through that data or that data and other information to which we have or likely to have access to. Examples of personal data include names, identification numbers, contact information, medical records, photographs and video images.
Ways we collect your personal data
2. We may collect your personal data in various way including when you:
• Purchase or use any of our products and/or services
• Enter into any agreement with us in respect to any of our products and/or services
• Meet our staff personally or contact them through any means or request us to contact you
• Participate or respond to anyof our competitions, lucky draws, surveys, promotions or other programmes
• Visit our websites or use our mobile applications
• Submit your personal data to us for any other reasons and/or
• When we seek information about you and receive in accordance with the Act or other applicable laws or regulations your personal data in relation to your relationship with us including in respect to products and/or services from other parties including related companies, business associates and other third parties either situated in Singapore or outside.
Purposes for collection, use, disclosure and processing of personal data collected
3. The personal data collected may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by us for purposes which are permitted by the Act, applicable laws and regulations and forother purposes which depend on circumstances requiring us to do soincluding:
Provisioning and administration of services
• For the creation, activation or termination of accounts
• Enable us to process sponsorship payments and payments of cash rebates
• Facilitate the drafting of agreements for the supply of products or services
• Facilitate the process and collection of deposits/bills payments, the refund, and/or the transfer of account(s);
Sharing of benefits
• Offer rewards and promotions, and share promotional benefits and loyalty programs
• Provide updates, offers, invitation to events deliver relevant advertising, including phone call/through SMS as permitted under the laws and regulations
• Conduct internal audits
• Recovery of debts management (including legal means)
• Conduct checks against money laundering and related risks
Legal &Regulatory requirements
• Under a legal obligation to disclose including providing assistance to law enforcement, judicial and other government agencies
• To protect the rights, property, security or safety of the Company
• Purposes which are reasonably related to the above stated purposes or for purposes which we have notified you and obtained your express consent.
4. We will not use your personal data for purpose other than stated or of which you have been informed, or which we are permitted under the applicable laws and regulations.
5. We will retain your personal data for only as long the purpose for which it is collected is still being served and if the retention is necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
Accuracy of data, storage of data, information security and applicability to third parties
6. We will make reasonable effort to ensure that your personal data in our possession or control is accurate. You must also inform of us of any change in your personal data for us to update the data.
7. The data collected from you may be processed and stored at our premises in Singapore.
8. We will make reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclose, copying, modification, disposal to protect your personal data in our possession and/or within our control
9. As we are required to work with related companies, business associates, service providers, agents and other third parties either situated in Singapore or outside it (collectively “third parties”) for smooth provisions of our products and services and for one or more of the purposes, they may process your personal data on our behalf or otherwise. Where personal data is disclosed to third parties, we will employ our best efforts to require the said third parties to protect your personal data.
Provision relating to Do Not Call (DNC)
10. Unless we are allowed to do so under the Act, applicable laws and regulations or you have given us your consent, we will not text you marketing messages or calls.
Provisions relating to Cookies
11. A cookie is a small text that is stored in your computer or electronic device when you visit some websites.
12. We mayuse a cookie when you visit our website. The cookie can be read only by us and it cannot access, read or modify any data in your computer or electronic device. It helps us to recognise you whenever you re-visit our website by enabling us to remember your personal data including your user-id, service preferences for purposes like gathering information of how youand other visitors use our website, gather usage data, improve our website, more efficient provisions of our services and products.
13. You have an option to refuse the cookie. You can use this option by changing the setting of your browser and we will not collect your data. You may, however, be unable to access some part of our website.
Requests for access and correction to personal data and withdrawal of consent
14. At your request, we would provide access to your personal data within the reasonable time frame, save that in specified circumstance your access may be subject to fees to meet our costs.
15. You can request us to correct any errors or omissions in your personal data which are in our possession or control.
16. You may also withdraw your consent to our collection, use, disclosure and processing of personal data but is such event we may not be able to provide our services and products
17. From time to time we may review our policies, procedures and processes to better manage protect and process your personal data. We may therefore amend this Policy at any time by giving you notice via our website.
Questions, Application for Access/Correction and Withdrawal of Consent
18. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions regarding this Policy or apply for access or correction or withdraw consent, you can contact our Data Compliance Officer at 25 Genting Road #07-01 Singapore 349482.
By registering and using this app, you have agree to adhere to our Terms & Conditions. To read more, please click on the below: